20 May 2016
Is there really any point in joining in a society? What can a family history society offer that you can't find online?
A new series in Family Tree looks at family history societies and what the different ones around the country have to offer. But is there really any point in joining in a society? What can a family history society offer that you can't find online?
If you're still wondering about the value of these fabulous organisations, here's 5 great reasons why you should join a family history society today.
- On hand advice: Join a society near to where you live and benefit from the expert knowledge of family historians on your doorstep.
- Local expertise: Or join a society near to where your ancestors came from, for specialist local area know-how.
- Research aids: Make use of society library resources, website subscriptions and more.
- Projects: Join in with society projects: a great way to expand your knowledge, gain new family history experiences, and lend a helping hand.
- Actual people! Family history is often seen just as an online hobby nowadays. But joining a family history society is the perfect way to enjoy making family history friends at the monthly meetings, talks and events.
Plus, all these benefits are available to you for a very reasonable annual membership fee!