14 October 2011
Ancestry.co.uk has released Family Tree Maker 2012, an improved and expanded version of its family history software. Now with its
Ancestry.co.uk has released Family Tree Maker 2012, an improved and expanded version of its family history software. Now with its new TreeSync™ capabilities, Family Tree Maker 2012 enables genealogists to sync their desktop family trees and their trees online at Ancestry.co.uk, including photos and other historical records they have attached.
Plus, all the Family Tree Maker 2012 versions include a membership to Ancestry.co.uk. The type and length of membership included varies depending on the product purchased.
Other improvements in Family Tree Maker 2012 include:
- An easier-than-ever user interface to get users started right away
- Upgraded help content and video tutorials
- Improved content-generation and editing options to create engaging ‘Smart Stories’ about family history and family members
- The ability to combine families into one harmonised tree, bringing step-families and adoptees into the main family tree
- Simple generation labels and text boxes to make family trees more interesting and informative
And expert users of earlier Family Tree Maker releases will find new power-user tools in Family Tree Maker 2012, including:
- Upgraded personalisation capabilities enabling users to add their own images, adding narrative text and displaying explanatory generation labels to charts
- Index report of every individual in a family tree with birth, marriage and death dates
- Chart the line of descendancy between an ancestor and any descendant in your family tree
The Family Tree team are looking forward to trying it out! Let us know what you think of the new release on the forum.
Family Tree Maker will be available from www.ancestryshop.co.uk as well as other high street and online retailers. Online prices vary.