The DNA Bootcamp Workbook is a packed 52-page guide to help you learn more about DNA for family history and to put your new-found DNA knowledge into practice.
Our Price: £20.00
Subscriber/Member Price (from): £12.00
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Book?
Michelle Leonard’s expert DNA explanations are accompanied by step-by-step instructions and DNA tasks, woven through the pages, for you to dive in and get hands-on experience in mastering your DNA test results.
There are check lists and research logs to help you keep your progress organised.
The contents of this bumper 52-page printed guide include:
- DNA tests: the basics
- Setting yourself up to succeed
- Your testing strategy
- Check how robust is your tree?
- Useful resources: 4 important tables
- Watch out for outliers
- How to link your Ancestry DNA
- Organising matches: Direct Ancestors Groups Method
- Organising matches: ABCD Group Method
- Start clustering your matches
- Master Research trees
- Your ‘Identifying Matches Check List’
- Useful tips for contacting matches
- Create a master off-site repository
- Insights to ‘ethnicity estimates’
- Adoption, unknown parentage & MPEs
- ‘No tree’ - tips & tricks
- Quick & Dirty trees
- Developing a DNA testing wish list
- Uploading raw DNA data
- Downloading raw DNA data
- Triangulation explained
- What are chromosome browsers?
- Create your own X-DNA chart
The DNA Bootcamp Workbook was created to accompany the DNA Bootcamp. It can be used as a standalone aid to DNA research, but this would depend on prior knowledge of using DNA for family history.
Live outside the UK and prefer the digital version? Just click here to download right now!