The DNA Bootcamp Workbook is a packed 52-page guide to help you learn more about DNA for family history and to put your new-found DNA knowledge into practice.
Our Price: £20.00
Subscriber Price (from): £12.00
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Book?
Michelle Leonard’s expert DNA explanations are accompanied by step-by-step instructions and DNA tasks, woven through the pages, for you to dive in and get hands-on experience in mastering your DNA test results.
There are check lists and research logs to help you keep your progress organised.
The contents of this bumper 52-page printed guide include:
- DNA tests: the basics
- Setting yourself up to succeed
- Your testing strategy
- Check how robust is your tree?
- Useful resources: 4 important tables
- Watch out for outliers
- How to link your Ancestry DNA
- Organising matches: Direct Ancestors Groups Method
- Organising matches: ABCD Group Method
- Start clustering your matches
- Master Research trees
- Your ‘Identifying Matches Check List’
- Useful tips for contacting matches
- Create a master off-site repository
- Insights to ‘ethnicity estimates’
- Adoption, unknown parentage & MPEs
- ‘No tree’ - tips & tricks
- Quick & Dirty trees
- Developing a DNA testing wish list
- Uploading raw DNA data
- Downloading raw DNA data
- Triangulation explained
- What are chromosome browsers?
- Create your own X-DNA chart
The DNA Bootcamp Workbook was created to accompany the DNA Bootcamp. It can be used as a standalone aid to DNA research, but this would depend on prior knowledge of using DNA for family history.