Your 7 steps to getting started with family history. Discover your first steps, and learn how to begin an online family tree at Findmypast.
On Sale: 13/01/2023
Our Price: £5.99
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
Take your research further with our advice, info and inspiration:
- The family history revolution Janet Few reflects on the past and the future of our favourite pursuit
- What's heraldry ever done for us? Chris Broom's enthusiasm for this historic topic is more than a little infectious!
- Tracing your holocaust ancestors Simon Fowler looks at the resources to help trace family impacted
- A guide to the census Family Tree Academy tutor David Annal gives a useful overview of this most useful of resources – with challenges to you to try at home!
- Scotland's 1921 Census now online for you Chris Paton explores the latest census to be released online.
- Love tokens Charlotte Soares indulges in a spot of romantic history
- What's new at Ancestry? Literally millions of new records
Want to read the issue right now?
Join Family Tree Plus and access the digital edition of this issue and a growing library of back issues. FIND OUT MORE
And all your regular favourites:
- Family history news Rachel Bellerby reports on the latest from the genealogy scene
- Dear Paul This issue Paul Chiddicks looks at wonderful family heirlooms
- DNA Workshop DNA Advisor Karen Evans reminds us that no question is too daft, and steps up once again to help a reader
- Genealogy Gadgets Readers share their family history gadget favourites
- Twiglets Oh so close: Gill Shaw finds herself staring at a torn document...
- Spotlight on... The Family Historian User Group
- Books Latest history-inspired reads to enjoy
- Photo corner Photo-dating expert Jayne Shrimpton advises
- Your Q&As Readers conundrums considered
- Diary Dates Events to look forward to in February
- Your letters Readers have their say
- Thoughts on...Diane Lindsay's genealogical ponderings.