26 September 2023
The Register of Qualified Genealogists is pleased to announce their forthcoming conference, to be held on 20 April 2024, at The Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds.
‘Sharing Memories: Uncovering your Family History through Storytelling’ is the theme of the Register of Qualified Genealogists' (RQG) 2024 conference, a full day in-person event to be held at The Royal Armouries Museum, Leeds, LS10 1LT (https://www.qualifiedgenealogists.org/2024-Conference)
About the RQG 2024 conference
The RQG welcome both members and non-members to this one day in-person event where the fascinating world of 'family history through storytelling' will be delved into. Uncover the untold tales of your ancestors and learn how to bring their stories to life.
RQG writes: "Discover the power of storytelling as a means to connect with and develop a unique family history. Whether you're a seasoned professional, an amateur genealogist or just starting your journey, this event is designed to inspire and empower you to write engaging but well researched reports and narratives."
About the speakers
The line up of speakers so far includes:
- Professor Alison Light, author of the book Common People and Honorary Professor at Edinburgh University, University College London and a non-stipendiary Senior Research Fellow of Pembroke College, Oxford
- and Michael Tobias OBE, Co-founder of Jewish Records Indexing – Poland, Honorary Research Fellow – Genealogical Studies at the University of Strathclyde and current President of the Jewish Genealogical Society of Great Britain.
About the skills workshops
There will also be workshops to help develop your publishing skills as well as a number of short papers presented by delegates to the conference linked to the conference theme.
Call for papers
RQG have announced the call for papers and look forward to submissions suitable for the broad theme of the conference. RQG writes: "We would love to hear from you if you are interested in presenting a paper at the conference."
How to submit your paper
For full details of the application process, please click here.
How to book your conference ticket
Find out more about the conference here.
To book your RQG 2024 conference, please click here
About the Register of Qualified Genealogists
- The Register of Qualified Genealogists (RQG) provides, and makes public, a record of those genealogists who hold a recognised qualification in the field of genealogy and associated practices, and who may be willing to provide professional services in that field.
- RQG support its community of qualified members and students who are currently studying a recognised professional genealogical qualification.
- The RQG mission is ‘To improve standards of professional genealogical practice and deliver these improvements to customers for genealogical and family history services.'
- RQG currently has over 280 qualified members and students based in the UK and overseas.
- Find out more about RQG, its members and specialisms and search Register of Qualified Genealogists at https://www.qualifiedgenealogists.org