09 January 2020
With the new decade upon us, how about embarking on a new journey of discovery and learning how to unlock the ancestor clues hidden in your genes. Yes – we’re talking DNA!
Returning to Alexandra Palace, Family Tree Live 2020 is only a few months away! Come along and indulge in two days packed with opportunities for learning a huge amount about your family history.
Learn about DNA at Family Tree Live 2020
At Family Tree Live 2020, there’ll be a DNA Hub, with a bespoke lecture and workshop programme concentrating solely on genes, sponsored by FamilyTreeDNA – provider of the fullest range of DNA tests. There’ll also be DNA games to help make sense of the science, and experts keen to share their insights so that you too can benefit from all that DNA research has to offer your family history.
The lecture and workshop programmes are now online to see (see the links below), and it’s worth booking your places ASAP. Lecture and workshop seats are included in the ticket price, but they do fill up fast!
What else is on at Family Tree Live?
Back by popular demand will be the family history workshops and there is a rich range of talks to choose from too. In additional to a fabulous learning experience, by way of the talks and workshops, a visit to Family Tree Live also gives you the chance to shop for genealogy goodies, speak face to face with world-class specialist organisations, and ask advice from professional genealogists (provided by AGRA, the Association of Genealogists and Researchers in Archives). Plus check out the vintage games on the village green (you’re never too old for a spot of hop scotch or a round of marbles).
The importance of remembering
And 2020 is a year of hugely important memorial events too – the 400th anniversary of the sailing of the Mayflower, and the 80th anniversaries of VE Day and VJ Day, when ancestors around the globe could at long last begin to put the war behind them and get on with their lives. We’ve got living historians on hand to bring the past to live and help you learn more about your ancestors times from these momentous eras.
So come along, bring the family, and learn more about those roots you share.
How to book your tickets to Family Tree Live 2020
Below are some handy links to help you plan your day:
• To book your tickets click here: https://www.family-tree.co.uk/information/family-tree-live
• To book a group call: 0844 338 8002
• To explore the lecture and workshop programme click here:
• Lectures: https://www.family-tree.co.uk/information/family-tree-live-lectures
• Workshops: https://www.family-tree.co.uk/information/family-tree-live-workshops
• (Also see the March issue of Family Tree magazine, on sale 11 Feb, as we’ll be including the full programme there to make it easy for you to peruse).
• Tickets cost £13 per person per day (£12 per person per day if making a group booking). Tickets include your lectures and workshops. You can book your lecture and workshop seats at the time of booking your ticket or add them later.
Looking forward to seeing you there!
PS - Can't wait to start learning about DNA? Make a start sooner and grab a copy of our DNA special issue, in the shops from 14th January. You can pre-order a copy right now - click here!
Image: Photo by JJ Ying on Unsplash