10 December 2016
Find out more about the forthcoming 'Explore the archives' genealogy DVD, to be given away as a free gift with all print copies of the February issue of Family Tree magazine
The Family Tree team recently visited some of the nation’s best archives, chatted to the experts, and discovered what’s on offer for the keen family historian.
You can see the results in a new family history DVD, worth £9.99, to be given away with the February 2017 issue of Family Tree magazine.
With over one hour of footage, the team take us on tours of the following archives:
The National Archives
Discover how to explore the miles of shelving at The National Archives with their Family History Records Specialist, Audrey Collins.
The Society of Genealogists
Investigate the UK's largest family history library with Else Churchill, the Genealogist at the Society of Genealogists.
The National Records of Scotland
Find out how the collections of the National Records of Scotland can help you dig deep into the past of your Scottish ancestors with ScotlandsPeople Centre Manager Iain Ferguson and General Register House Archivist Liz Course.
Worth £9.99, the DVD is being given away FREE with the February 2017 issue print edition of Family Tree magazine.
The full contents of the hour-long DVD are as follows:
- Quick tips before you visit an archive
- A welcome from the editor
- A tour of the Society of Genealogists
- How to use a microfiche reader
- An introduction to pedigrees
- Discover Coleman’s Catalogues
- A tour of The National Archives
- The TNA Reading Room
- How to use the Discovery Catalogue
- A tour of the National Records of Scotland
- How to use the National Records of Scotland website
Don't miss out - order your February issue today!