20 April 2018
DNA tests are fast becoming the go-to tool for people who want to find out more about 'where they've come from'. Check out what you know about this latest piece of kit in the family historian's tool box with our DNA for family history quiz
Find out how much you know about DNA in our fun DNA for family history quiz
1. What is the common term for Deoxyribonucleic acid?
2. My DNA results match me with a 3rd cousin. Which common ancestor might we share?
3. There are three types of DNA test. What are they?
4. Which type of test can only trace the female line?
5. How many pairs of chromosomes does a human have?
6. Which DNA test can uncover relatives (matches) on both sides of your family line?
7. Which gender has two XX chromosomes?
8. DNA has a characteristic structure. What do we call this?
9. When was the first mitochondrial DNA fully sequenced at Cambridge University?
10. Which DNA test is typically used in surname research and why?
The answers to the quiz will be posted on the Family Tree website at 8pm on 21st April.
Find out more about DNA in our handy free guides on the Family Tree website such as:
Thank you to Family Tree reader Steve Ward for writing this quiz. We hope you've already enjoyed it!