14 October 2021
MyHeritage has announced the release of a significant collection of birth, marriage, death and census records for France, many of which are exclusive to the genealogy website.
When MyHeritage acquired Filae — a leading genealogy service in France — two months ago, they promised that Filae’s valuable and exclusive content would soon become available on MyHeritage. This release constitutes a 'significant portion' of the historical record content on Filae; many of the records are exclusive and not available on other commercial sites.
The collections in the release include:
- France, Church Baptisms and Civil Births - 154.4 million records
- France, Church Marriages and Civil Marriages - 125.3 million records
- France, Church Burials and Civil Deaths - 149.1 million records
- 1872 France Census, taken in the aftermath of the Franco-Prussian War and consisting of 16.4 million records from 67 French departments
- 1906 France Census, consisting of 17.6 million records from 63 departments in France. Paris is not included in the 1872 and 1906 collections, as census taking in Paris only began in 1926
All of the above include an index of transcribed records and scanned images of the original documents.