DNA Bootcamp Next Steps
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps will build upon the foundation of the original Bootcamp content and is for anyone who feels they've got to grips with how to work with the DNA data at their testing site and would like to enhance their knowledge and skills. PLEASE NOTE: the course will now take place from 5 May.
On Sale: 16/11/2021
DNA Bootcamp Next Steps
Our Price: £75.00
Subscriber Price (from): £50.00
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Download?
PLEASE NOTE: due to illness the course will now begin on 5 May, see dates below.
Some of the topics to be covered in the 'Next Steps' bootcamp include:
- Detailed guidance on how to use and make the most of the most popular third party tools
- Using DNA for more distant unknown ancestor mysteries
- Understanding, interpreting and using DNA segment data to maximum effect
- Understanding and using chromosome browsers
- Undertaking conventional and inferred chromosome mapping
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps will build on the learning experience of the DNA Bootcamp. It can also be taken by people confident with using their DNA match lists who have not taken part in the DNA Bootcamp.
DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps: Save the dates
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps is an eight-week course and will be held live on Zoom on the following dates below.
- 5, 12, 19, 26 May 2022
- 9, 16, 23, 30 June 2022
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps will run over eight weeks (with a half term break on 2nd June). It will comprise live webinars, live group tutor-student meetings, a dedicated Facebook group and written course material.
The webinar sessions will start at 7pm BST; the times for the follow-up meetings will be arranged, splitting the students into groups (provisional follow-up meeting times 7-7.30 and 7.45-8.15). Any queries, please email [email protected]
Course attendees will benefit from:
- live presentations: live webinar tutorials & live group follow-up meetings on Zoom
- membership of the DNA Bootcamp Next Steps Facebook group, hosted by Michelle Leonard and Family Tree
- extensive handouts accompanying each webinar presentation
- recordings of all the live events will be made available until September 2022 for course members to re-watch in their own time