Learn how to explore your ancestors' worlds with a map, dig deeper into the 1939 census, we pay tribute to VJ Day and even more free records to use!
On Sale: 10/07/2020
Our Price: £5.25
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
Inside the August 2020 issue of Family Tree magazine:
- The Family Historian’s Guide to Maps – find new online map collections to research from home and explore your ancestors’ worlds
- Research the 1939 Register in-depth – learn how to find new clues from this awesome wartime ‘census’ in the Academy family history training module this issue
- Castles & communities – learn about the history of castles and impact they had on our ancestors’ lives. Discover centuries of clues about surname origins and old occupations
- VJ Day remembered – reflecting on the end of the Second World War in Japan 75 years ago, and our ancestors rebuilding their lives in a post-war world
- Improve your research skills – Learn why you should always check the originals. Discover the genealogical gems you may uncover when you take the time to look at original documents
- Reader house history story – A murderer and a fraudster hanged for this crimes were just two of the characters uncovered in this true tale research
- How to use newspapers for local history – a mini guide for swift research results
Find out about the Family Tree Academy: Weekend Conference – a brand new online live learning experience, starting 24 July (also available on catch up)