04 May 2022
The five celebrities taking part in the 2022 series of long-running BBC series Who Do You Think You Are? have been revealed, with Sue Perkins, Matt Lucas, Anna Maxwell Martin, Richard Osman, and Ralf Little set to discover more about their ancestry.
The 19th series of the programme, created by production company Wall to Wall, is set to be broadcast on the BBC from 26 May 2022, and the celebrities have now been revealed.
- Sue Perkins - best known for presenting The Great British Bake Off and being one half of the comedy duo Mel and Sue, Perkins discovers more about her great grandfather's experience during the First World War, whilst also learning of a poignant tale of her German ancestors plight during the Second World War.
- Richard Osman - the TV quiz-show presenter and novelist finds out more about his maternal grandfather and uncovers a story of an intriguing murder case.
- Matt Lucas - the comedian and presenter delves into the history of his maternal grandmother who came to Britain in 1939.
- Anna Maxwell Martin - the Line of Duty actor travels to Scotland and Ireland to explore her ancestry and learns more about a family tragedy.
- Ralf Little - the Manchester-born actor, famous for appearing in The Royle Family and Death in Paradise, discovers more about a talented footballer ancestor, echoing his own career as a semi-professional before he went into acting.
Want to start your own family history adventure?
Claim a FREE issue of Family Tree magazine - packed with inspiration and information - when you sign up to the FREE Family Tree newsletter. That's a full magazine, worth £5.50, for free! CLAIM YOUR FREE COPY NOW
Who Do You Think You Are? has been broadcast on the BBC since 2004, revealing more about the family history of a range of famous people. Celebrities to have taken part over the years include:
- Jeremy Clarkson
- Stephen Fry
- Sheila Hancock
- Carol Vorderman
- Alan Cumming
- Nitin Ganatra