10 November 2011
Genealogy software program Family Historian version 5 is due for release in February 2012, but thanks to a Christmas offer, anyon
Genealogy software program Family Historian version 5 is due for release in February 2012, but thanks to a Christmas offer, anyone who buys Family Historian 4 now from a participating stockist, or as a download, will get a free upgrade to version 5 when released.
Buy the full version of Family Historian 4 now* and you will be sent a free CD upgrade to version 5 when it is released. So you can give friends or relatives version 4 to unwrap on Christmas Day, with the upgrade to follow shortly. Or you can just keep it yourself of course...
Or download Family Historian version 4 now (full version) and get a free downloadable upgrade to version 5 when released.
* From participating stockists only, while stocks last.
For full details of the offer, including a list of participating stockists, see www.family-historian.co.uk/v5-xmas-offer.
What’s New in Version 5
• New tool for creating family tree books and booklets
• Much improved website generation and support for family tree CDs & DVDs
• New Fan Chart diagrams
• New 'flat' style All-Relatives diagram (much-requested)
• Improved data entry - especially with regard to date-handling and date validation
• New query for detecting possible errors with dates in existing records
• Enhanced 'How Related' tool shows graphically exactly how people are related
• Improved, more comprehensive backup-and-restore
• Improved import and export, including direct import from other program formats
• All reports have enhanced performance and features, including optionally an index
• Silhouettes can now be used in diagrams where required
• Much improved support for background pictures in diagrams
• Much faster diagram loading
• New reports, including a new 'how-related' report
• New tool for marking lines connecting individuals & branches in diagrams
• New 'shapes' toolbar for diagrams, including 'smart shapes' such as arrows
• Extensive new formatting options for diagrams
• Enhancements to the query capability for searching & analyzing records
• Support for plugins - a new way of extending the power of the program
• Integrated access to a new Plugin Store, with numerous free plugins adding even more features - such as a new mapping tool - and more being added all the time
• Numerous improvements to make the program even easier and more enjoyable to use
• And much more...
In the coming weeks, more details about version 5 and the new features will be added to the Family Historian website at www.family-historian.co.uk/whats-new-in-v5.