Win the chance to grow your own family history website
Win a family history website!
We are offering one lucky Family Tree reader the chance to win a family history website!
Let us explain!
Creating a family history website to store and share your research, family anecdotes, photos and more, is an invaluable asset to your family tree investigations.
It will give you the chance to keep fellow family members easily and regularly updated with your ancestor findings, and will also help distant relations to come across your research, and help you to grow your family tree.
Planning and building a family history website can be a daunting prospect but with the Family Tree Techy Tips author, professional Web Developer Paul Carter, the lucky winner of the competition will have one-to-one advice, to make the dream of having a family history website a reality.
The prize includes:
- 6 website creation website planning sessions with Paul Carter (via email or phone)
- the cost of 1 year web hosting
- and the first year of domain name registration costs.
How to enter
Simply answer the five questions below, explaining your intentions for a family history website:
- Why would you like a family history website?
- What would you like your family history website to include?
- Tell us about your family history research (eg number of people on your family tree, places and names researched, any other relevant information).
- Describe your technical knowledge (including details such as: blogs or websites you’ve already created, family history software you use, any other relevant information). Experience isn’t necessary to enter the competition, we’re just trying to gauge the level of assistance you’ll need.
- Write a title and introductory paragraph, such as might go on your Home Page, to describe your family history website to visitors to the site.
Please email your answers to email@example.com by 1 August 2019.
You can either just copy the questions from the text above, or download the Word document, which has the questions there too. To download the Word document click here.
The closing date for entries 1 August 2019.
The winner will be chosen by the Editor and Paul Carter and notified by 5 August 2019.
The winner will need to be happy to be covered as a project case study in 6 future issues of Family Tree.
The prize includes 6 website creation website planning sessions with Paul Carter (via email or phone), the cost of 1 year web hosting and 1 year domain name registration.