Free access to billions of records on FindMyPast to mark Remembrance weekend - 8 to 12 November 2017
FindMyPast has announced it is offering free of charge access, with access to all its military records, to allow users to search and view millions of original Army, Navy and RAF records, from 8 to 12 November 2017.
Free access to the FindMyPast records is part of a special weekend which the genealogy website is offering, which also includes a free military records live broadcast, to help people find out more about tracing their ancestors.
What records are included?
For a full run-down of what records are included, visit FindMyPast. The main categories included are:
- British Army Service Records, 1760 onwards
- Prisoners of War 1715-1745
- Napoleonic War records
- British Army casualty lists 1939-45
- World War I ships lost at sea 1914-1919
- British Royal Navy and Royal Marine servie & pension records
What records are not included?
FindMyPast has stated that the following records are not included in the free of charge access:
- The 1939 Register
- Historical British & Irish newspapers
- Record collections from non-military search categories such as census and birth, marriage & death
How to get started
To start searching the free military records, visit FindMyPast to create an account or log into an existing account.
(image copyright Paul Hudson)