Do you know about the UK’s largest family history library?
Tucked away down a side street in the bustling capital London you’ll find the home of the country’s largest family history library…
Tell me more!
With packed shelves over three floors the Society of Genealogists’ library offers a truly comprehensive range of genealogy resources that will help you trace ancestors’ lives – whether you’re a newbie to family history or a long-time enthusiast or expert. From books to help you learn about your ancestors’ locality, to specialist runs of publications relating to trades and more, information on specific lineages, and truly awesome collections of hand-drawn pedigree charts – a visit to the library is to enter a treasure trove of riches for family historians to research.
How to visit
- The library is open to everyone (non-members need to pay – from £5 for 2 hours).
- To find out how to join the Society of Genealogists click here.
What else can you find?
- This is an organisation with so much to offer – in addition to the library.
- Members can access a massive collection of 19 million exclusive digitised records, online from their own home.
- Plus there’s a year round programme of lectures, tours and workshops – available to members and non-members.
Go to www.sog.org.uk to explore further!
Any updates on Family Tree Live?
We’re delighted that the Society of Genealogists is an Associate Sponsor of Family Tree Live and at the show you’ll be able to speak to the people who make this fabulous organisation possible and discover how they can help you on your family history journey.
To book your tickets to Family Tree Live click here!
We’d love to see you there!