12 November 2021
Starting May 2022 we will be holding a DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps. To find out more and to book your place, please see below.
Working with Michelle Leonard of Genes & Genealogy, starting in May 2022 Family Tree will be running a brand new webinar course, 'DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps'.
About the DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps will build upon the foundation of the original Bootcamp content and is for anyone who feels they've got to grips with how to work with the DNA data at their testing site and would like to enhance their knowledge and skills. Some of the topics it will cover are as follows:
- Understanding, interpreting and using DNA segment data to maximum effect
- Understanding and using chromosome browsers
- Detailed guidance on how to use and make the most of the most popular third party tools
- Undertaking conventional and inferred chromosome mapping
- Using DNA for more distant unknown ancestor mysteries
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps will build on the learning experience of the DNA Bootcamp. It can also be taken by people confident with using their DNA match lists who have not taken part in the DNA Bootcamp.
DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps: the dates
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps is an 8 week course will be held live online on Zoom on the following dates below (with a 'half term' break). The sessions will start at 7pm BST.
Thursdays 5, 12, 19 and 26th May 2022.
[Half-term break Thursday 2nd June]
Thursdays 9, 16, 23, and 30 June 2022.
The DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps will comprise live webinars, live group tutor-student meetings, a dedicated Facebook group and written course material.
Course attendees will benefit from:
- live presentations: live webinar tutorials & live group follow-up meetings on Zoom
- membership of the DNA Bootcamp Next Steps Facebook group, hosted by Michelle Leonard and Family Tree
- extensive handouts accompanying each webinar presentation
- recordings of all the live events will be made available until 30 September 2022 for course members to re-watch in their own time
How to book
DNA Bootcamp - Next Steps costs £75 (£50 Family Tree subscribers).
Find out more about the original DNA Bootcamp
The original DNA Bootcamp first ran Feb-March 2021, and will next be running again September-November 2022. The original DNA Bootcamp is aimed at people who have taken a DNA test and who now wish to learn how to work with their DNA test results. To register your interest in the DNA Bootcamp, sign up to the Family Tree e-newsletter (here), or email [email protected].