Outgoing passenger lists for the 1940s released by TheGenealogist
Family historians researching ancestors who sailed out of the UK between 1940 and 1949 can now explore 1.4 million passenger records released by TheGenealogist.
This expands TheGenealogist's Outbound Passenger Lists to over 25 million and forms part of its larger immigration and emigration collection.
The new records feature passengers who sailed out of United Kingdom in the years between 1940 and 1949 and these newly transcribed BT27 images are from The National Archives. The passenger lists released today will allow researchers to:
- Discover potential family members travelling together using TheGenealogist’s SmartSearch
- Find ancestors sailing to Africa, Australia, Canada, India, New Zealand and other destinations
- View images of the original passenger list documents
- See the ages, last address and intended permanent residence
- Fully indexed records allow family historians to search by name, year, country of departure, country of arrival, port of embarkation and port of destination
(image copyright TheGenealogist)