10 December 2021
One our quest to trace our ancestors’ lives we have to learn so many new skills. Once we have taken our research back a few centuries a working knowledge of Latin is just one such skill that we require.
If you are keen to expand your knowledge of family history, and improve your genealogy research know-how, Sylvia Dibbs’ useful worksheets (below) will have just the information to get you started.
The worksheets cover:
- The time period that Latin was in use in the records that we need to search for family history reasons
- Useful grammatical tips to help you decipher Latin sentences
- Key Latin vocabulary you will find in the sorts of records that family historians use
- Examples taken from records of baptisms, marriages and burials
- Handy hints to help your learning.
So, seize the day, and make a start learning Latin, or dusting off your schooldays’ skills, with Sylvia Dibbs extremely useful worksheets.
About Sylvia Dibbs
Sylvia Dibbs is Chair of the Catholic Family History Society. You may find out more about the society at their website.