Family Tree Live Family History Federation
Alexandra Palace, London 17th - 18th APRIL 2020
Days hrs mins secs
The Federation of Family History Societies promotes interest in researching family history and encourages membership of member societies.
- Was formed in 1974 and granted charitable status in 1982.
- Represents the interests of our members and family history generally.
- Makes representation to official bodies on matters which affect the study of family history, the availability of records and other kindred topics.
- Regularly liaises with government bodies and archives. We forge and maintain links with other relevant organisations. We focus on issues such as the preservation, security and accessibility of archival material. Organisations with whom we meet include The National Archives, General Register Office and London Metropolitan Archives.
- We encourage member societies to liaise with their local archives and other organisations to ensure that family history is promoted positively and that archives are preserved and made accessible to family history researchers.
- Provides a voice to the public in matters affecting family history and genealogy.
- Encourages mutual co-operation and regional projects to make relative material available to family historians.