Family History Forum  Family-Tree.co.uk   Register    Login    Search   

Welcome

Explore and enjoy your family history with Family Tree, the number one magazine for tracing your family history, combining essential sources, archives, websites, expert tips and reader stories.

Welcome to Family Tree

Board index » Genealogy help » General genealogy help

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:03 pm 

Can anyone help me with info on James Craig who lived at 2 Park Street in Cambuslang, Glasgow with Mrs Francis McKenna from 1925. Any info on either of them or the address would be appreciated.

Tom

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:38 pm 

[quote="tomc":1c0wjbk2]
Can anyone help me with info on James Craig who lived at 2 Park Street in Cambuslang, Glasgow with Mrs Francis McKenna from 1925. Any info on either of them or the address would be appreciated.

Tom
[/quote:1c0wjbk2]

Hi Tom, have you tried www.ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk. You might be able to find a death or birth cert. Scottish death certs give a lot of information, they do charge a fee I think it is around Ј6 or a little more for so many credits. Cambuslang might have a local history section in their library. You could also try Google maps to see the area although there has been a lot of regeneration in this area but just a thought.
Dossie

Post subject:
 Post Posted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:42 am 

[quote="Dossie":sqry0har]
Hi Tom, have you tried www.ScotlandsPeople.gov.uk. You might be able to find a death or birth cert. Scottish death certs give a lot of information, they do charge a fee I think it is around Ј6 or a little more for so many credits. Cambuslang might have a local history section in their library. You could also try Google maps to see the area although there has been a lot of regeneration in this area but just a thought.
Dossie
[/quote:sqry0har]

Tom, more info needed before going onto scotlandspeople. Try to find his date of birth, place of birth, parents names etc. Scotlandspeople is a wonderful tool, but it is a bottomless pit if you haven't done your homework.

Board index » Genealogy help » General genealogy help